Hey did you know that last Sunday was The Super Bowl, or as people in the advertising industry call it, The Super Bowl of Advertising? It’s true! Americans have been groomed to believe that enthusiastically consuming and then discussing TV commercials is a totally normal thing for a person to do. It’s completely absurd and as an advertising professional, I bask in the evil genius of it all. My contribution to this ouroboros of “content” is this perfectly manageable list of links to articles and blog posts, helpfully grouped into sections appropriate for each type of commercial enthusiast.
Are you the type of person who only wants the very best?
- The top 5 commercials of Super Bowl 50
- The 10 best commercials of Super Bowl 50
- The Best Super Bowl Commercials of 2016
- Here Are All The Super Bowl Commercials People Will Be Talking About
Are you are really into schadenfreude?
- The worst commercials of Super Bowl 50
- The 5 Worst Super Bowl 50 Ads
- Worst Super Bowl commercials 2016
Maybe you contain multitudes?
- Super Bowl Commercials: The Best and Worst of 2016
- Here Are the Best (and Worst) Super Bowl 2016 Commercials
- The 10 best Super Bowl commercials — and the Two Worst
- The Best and the Worst of Super Bowl Ads
Could it be that you only read Adweek?
- The 5 Best Ads of Super Bowl 50
- The 5 Worst Ads of Super Bowl 50
- What the Famous Faces From Jeep’s Super Bowl Ad Really Had to Do With the Vehicle
- There’s a Story Behind Christopher Walken’s Fancy Sock in the Kia Commercial
- Ranking the Super Bowl’s Top 5 Animal Ads: From the Cuddly and Cute to the Downright Strange
- Super Bowel 50? Some Viewers Cried Foul, but These 2 Poop Ads Got People Talking
Were you operating under the delusion that Peyton Manning is anything other than a Company Man?
- Peyton Manning gives Budweiser $3.2 million in free ad time
- The First Person Peyton Manning Wanted To Kiss After Winning The Super Bowl Was Papa John
Are you still mad about the Rams?
What if you’re only here to talk about Beyoncé?
- Sorry, this is about ADVERTISING, not the halftime show… No, I mean, Bey’s performance was great… No, I… Ugh, OK fine: Red Lobster Finally Responded To The Beyoncé Lyric And It Was Pretty Awful
Is it? Is it really? Is it ever enough for you? No? Well you’ll just have to wait, breathlessly, until next year.